Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > How long do you have to redeem an unacti...
How long do you have to redeem an unactivated update code?

757 Views 0 Replies Create Time: 2022-02-03 19:24:05

•   Level 5   
    (342) points
    witsend
    2022-02-03 19:24:05

Late Last summer I bought an un-activated update(sent a redemption code for my IM508 from a legitimate  Authorized  Autel tool retailer and was told at the time that I can hold off redeeming the update to a future date when I actually get a vehicle that requires an active update sub  for the required internet connection to Autel's server in  order to perform the key programming. Fast forward to winter now and I haven't had a 2018 or newer SGM  Chrysler Jeep key programming to do  , or another car make yet, that requires active update access to Autel Server since.
     I only had a few other keys I programmed besides a few charity jobs for family members, LOL.
    Seems like you really  have to stock Fobs and cut the key blanks in order to make money. The majority of people that have called me have an all keys lost situation and I'm basically just a mechanic that wants to add spares you bring me, not drive to Timbucktu and tell me you just found yourkeys. I did successfully do an all Keys lost for a Nissan Leaf I didn't think it worked because I didn't hear an engine start (Doh! it's an electric car.)
      Well whenever I eventually redeem my update code, I pray it's going to work when I do.
     I'm sure I will get something that will require network connection eventually , but why activate and start off the 12 mo update period until I do?    
  Total1 Pages